Friday, April 22, 2011

Stupid Irresponsalbe Dog Owners

So I called my mom today because I haven't talked to her in a while. She answered the phone in tears and told me that when she got home from a staff meeting this afternoon she found all except for four of her chickens dead. Apparently two dogs got into the coop. She loves those chickens. After me and most of my sisters left home she got all these animals to kind of fill the void. My mom is one of those people that has to have something to take care of. Taking care of other things is what my mom is good at. It's who she is. Whoever you are, if you need help my mom will be there in a second with anything. That's just who she is.

I'm more mad at the irresponsible dog owners that let those two vicious dogs out to wander than the dogs themselves. It isn't okay, but it is in their nature. But the owners? Really? It's hard to own a dog and not realize it likes to kill small things that move. It's their fault those dogs were not in a yard being restrained. So I've outlined below the things that I think a person should do if they think they deserve to own a dog.

1) See to it that their dog has adequate attention. A dog that does not have enough attention will turn into a loud dog that will wake up the neighbors at all hours of the night because it saw a bird. Attention will also help calm down a dog that has ecstatic tenancies.

2) See to it that their dog has adequate exercise. Exercise will transform an overactive or aggresive dog very quickly. It will decrease chewing on your furniture

3) If you do have an aggresive dog, it is the OWNER'S responsibility to make sure their dog does not harm anyone or anything. Measures must be put in place to ensure that that dog does not escape a yard or kennel and hurt someone. Also, you can train a mean dog to not be so mean.

4) You MUST have time for your dog! They are like children and will act out when neglected or abused. If you want a good dog you have to put the time into it. It's not a toy you can put in the closet when you are done playing.

5) Pick up your dog's crap. It's rude to not.

6) If your dog does end up hurting someone or something you must be prepared to compensate for damages, monetary or emotional. Your dog bites someone, you pay for the ER bill. It hurts someone else's animals, you pay for the Vet bill. You replace what that person lost because it is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO CONTROL YOUR ANIMALS!

BTW, this includes people who let their little rat dogs run free. I don't want your two pound dog running over to us when me and my dog are on a peaceful walk minding our own business. When your dog obviously has an inferiority issue, keep it behind a fence or on a leash. And for heavens sake don't just stair at us while your dog is following us down the street barking so hard it can hardly stay standing. My dog could, and probably would, eat that thing in two bites.

Just so you all know, my dog is other-dog aggressive. I discovered this within days of adopting him. As a result I see to it that he gets exercise and I keep him on a leash. If he is not on a leash then he is under control and within eye sight or behind a fence or inside. On our walks, there are a lot of dogs that are free to roam. Especially at the parks. If I am there with my dog on a leash and yours comes over to bug us, your dog will get a kick in the ribs. So please, keep your dog on a leash unless you are fenced in.

No comments:

Post a Comment